Cloud Desktop Services
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure: A New Era in Cloud Computing
The Gutenberg press changed the face of modern printing. The advent of computerized technology changed the face of modern industry. And today? Today, there is a new breakthrough in how we work, communicate and collaborate.
Welcome to HOSTING Cloud Desktop
Savvy organizations are loosening the grip of traditional desktop infrastructure by migrating their operations to a secure, reliable cloud desktop architecture. The solution, which is based on virtualized desktop infrastructure (VDI) technology, eradicates the cost and risk of deploying individual computers to each staff member. Instead, end-user desktops are safely operated from an off-site data center and accessed via a low-cost client device or traditional PC or laptop. With virtualized desktop infrastructure, no amount of downloaded viruses, lost laptops or spilled beverages will compromise your operations – or your performance.
"Protecting healthcare data information is an imperative within the industry, and compliance and security needs go hand in hand. One of the key benefits of virtual cloud desktops is better security. Cloud desktops centralize content (application desktop and data) access and risk within the data center, where data and individual virtual desktops can more easily be secured and managed."
- Gartner, 2014
Imagine a world where employees could work on any device from anywhere. Where a lost laptop didn’t bring a full-scale security meltdown. And where poor technology was no longer an excuse for poor productivity.
Imagine the world of HOSTING Cloud Desktop™.
HOSTING Cloud Desktop brings the power of cloud computing to the workplace by enabling employees to securely access their MS Windows environments and critical data from any device – anytime, anywhere – securely and efficiently, while dramatically reducing support costs.
Compliance & Security
Securing traditional desktops is nearly impossible – making it difficult, if not impossible, to meet strict compliance requirements. The 80+ control attributes offered by HOSTING Cloud Desktop enable you to keep data in our secure facilities and not on user devices. And our industry-leading security standards protect your consolidated desktop environments 24 x 7 x 365 in our SOC 2- and SOC 3-audited and PCIcertified data centers.
We provide a lower cost desktop TCO that allows you to extend the life of assets or migrate to thin/zero clients. Better yet, let your employees bring their own device. The plug and play solution allows you to integrate with your existing infrastructure and vendors.
Key Benefts of HOSTING Cloud Desktop
- Compliance Support: Ability to certify exactly what information has come into (and out of ) the PC environment
- Increased Agility: Ability to quickly update desktop images including operating systems and applications
- Long-term Solution: No need to refresh hardware every few years
- Unmatched Scalability: Ability to add or remove virtual desktops with the click of a mouse
- No Hidden Fees: Low monthly cost includes all of the servers, networking, patching, antivirus, and licensing (OS and office).
With full integration into your existing systems you can manage all of your users from a single pane of glass. Rapid provisioning allows your team to deliver consistent user applications to desktops in minutes. Free up time and resources to focus on your core business, not on desktop support.
Flexibility & Performance
Our solution allows your employees to work on any device from any location, including their personal PC’s, iPads or even telephones – no VPN required! Your staff can even start a project on one device and finish it on another, meaning enhanced productivity and sharing capabilities for your team.
HOSTING Cloud Desktop Confgurations
HOSTING ofers fexible solutions to meet all user requirements:
|Prime User||Pro User||Power User||Power +|
|Virtual Processor (Cores)||1||2||4||4+|
|Persistent Storage (GB)||Available|
All Inclusive Service
Each HOSTING Cloud Desktop comes fully loaded with an operating system, patching, anti-malware and more. In addition, customers can add services a-la-carte to meet their unique workforce requirements.
|Operating System Licensing||Secure (SSL) Access|
|Operating System Updates/Patches||Data Back/Protection|
|Bandwidth||24x7x365 Technical Support|
|Load Balancing||Seamless IT Integration|
|Applications (Microsoft Office, etc.)|
|Windows VDA/CDL Licenses|
|Active Directory Integration|
|Customer Specific Security|
|Private Network Access|
- Enhanced security for HIPAA and PCI compliance
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) support
- Legacy software/application delivery
- Desktop access for contractors and vendors
- Call centers, asset sharing and work-athome operations
- Leveraging legacy and thin/zero client endpoint assets
- Test and development platforms
- Migrating IT expenses from CapEx to OpEx
- Regulatory/compliance audits and tracking
- Demonstration platforms
- Mobile user support
- Disaster recovery and business continuity
- IT user management and support optimization
- Branch, remote, and temporary office staff operations
- Seasonal workforce requirements
Features & Benefits:
- Provides a complete virtual desktop infrastructure for a fixed monthly fee
- Shared resource model means “power when you need it”
- Redundant architecture for high availability
- Flexible architecture provides rapid response to business needs
- Proactive monitoring provides increased availability and responsiveness
- Ubiquitous access for improved productivity and agility
- Secure infrastructure reduces security threats
- Support for mobile workforces
- Improved performance isolation
- Compliance Support – With HOSTING Cloud Desktop, IT teams can confidently monitor the data, applications and information moving through their systems.
- Increased Agility – Organizations can leverage the technology to quickly update desktop images (including operating systems and applications) to meet specific business requirements as they arise.
- Long-term Solution – Rather than having to refresh hardware every few years, HOSTING Cloud Desktop customers take advantage of modern solutions as they become available, with the access devices often remaining in place for seven years or more.
- Unmatched Scalability – Virtual cloud desktop environments are incredibly flexible, allowing organizations to scale virtual desktops up and down with the click of a mouse.
- No Hidden Fees – HOSTING Cloud Desktop services are kept at a low monthly cost, which includes all servers, networking, patching, antivirus and licensing. Organizations know exactly what they have to pay and when; no surprises.
- Capital Budget Recovery – In today’s business environment, capital budgets can be tough to find . . . and keep. HOSTING Cloud Desktop replaces that capital requirement with a simple monthly fee, funded through an operating budget.
- Any Device, Any Place – The HOSTING Cloud Desktop solution gives employees, contract workers, partners and other trusted parties secure access to applications and data from any authorized corporate or personal device (e.g., desktop, laptop, thin appliance, smart phone, etc.).
Download the Cloud Desktop Services Datasheet (PDF).