HIPAA compliant hosting solutions backed by 100% Audit Assurance
High patient demand, fluid HIPAA compliance regulations and the rapid adoption of mobile devices by healthcare providers have generated unprecedented amounts of patient data. While this protected health information (PHI) helps clinicians provide well-informed treatments, it often ends up in disparate storage systems – hindering collaboration among departments.
“The amount of healthcare data is estimated to reach 2,314 exabytes by 2020, up from 153 exabytes in 2013.”
—IDC Health Insights
The HOSTING Healthcare Cloud™ is a suite of secure compliant solutions that enables healthcare organizations to eliminate data silos, allowing them to seamlessly share data, streamline operations and reduce unnecessary costs. It delivers HIPAA-compliant hosting that exceeds regulations for the protection and accessibility of critical data including electronic medical records (EMRs), electronic protected health information (ePHI) and electronic health records (EHRs). Key features of the HOSTING Healthcare Cloud include:
- HOSTING Hybrid Cloud™ – HOSTING combines the benefits of public and private clouds by enabling server architectures to be “mixed and matched” to create a wholly customizable hybrid managed cloud environment. HOSTING hybrid clouds are supported by one team, are located behind one firewall, and are audited to the same auditing metrics for HIPAA, HITECH and PCI DSS.
- Disaster recovery and emergency mode operation plans – The HOSTING Cloud Recovery Service™ transparently replicates an organization’s entire operating environment – including applications and data – to any of our other cloud hosting sites. It includes the development maintenance and ongoing testing of a customer’s recovery plan backed by an execution time service level agreement
- Data backup plans– HOSTING’s data management experts craft customized plans that ensure the integrity of ePHI with onsite, offsite and encrypted backups. HOSTING safeguards patient customer data throughout its lifecycle, offering encryption solutions for data in transit, at rest and in mobile devices.
- Compliance Dashboard – HOSTING helps customers track, record, and monitor compliance in a co-managed environment through our exclusive HIPAA Compliance Dashboard. Every regulatory obligation under HIPAA/HITECH and the draft HHS OCR Audit Protocol controls is outlined. Customers are able to track and manage their own compliance objectives – even for systems and components outside their hosted solution.
Secure, Compliant Access To Mission-Critical Data
HOSTING understands that secure access to clinical applications and patient information at the point of care has an immediate, positive impact on the quality of care and the patient experience. We offer secure, compliant solutions that enable healthcare providers to store, manage and share sensitive patient information regardless of device or location.
- The HOSTING Healthcare Cloud Desktop™ The HOSTING Healthcare Cloud Desktop enables healthcare organizations to improve staff productivity and patient care through secure, streamlined access to patient data. Authenticated users have secure access to authorized information, including PHI, from any device, any time and at any location.
- The HOSTING Healthcare Archive™ The HOSTING Healthcare Archive is a clear, intelligent solution for healthcare organizations to securely store, manage and share unstructured data (e.g., images, database cells and reports) in the cloud. It serves as a central repository, providing authorized users with access to digital images via electronic health records (EHRs), diagnostic workstations or clinical desktops.
Unmatched Expertise And Support, Backed By 100% Audit Assurance
HOSTING readily signs Business Associate Agreements (BAAs) as a standard practice. Complete and concise, the HOSTING BAA closely tracks the provisions published by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. In addition, our compliance services are backed by the HOSTING 100% Audit Assurance. If an organization engages in HOSTING Assured Tier Compliance Services, and any compliance issues are discovered during a HIPAA or PCI audit, HOSTING will provide the additional investments necessary to achieve compliance.
“We see HOSTING as an actual partner and extension of our staff. They’ve been great to collaborate with, designing solutions with, and ultimately, just meeting all of our expectations and requirements as a customer.”
—Matt Barrett, Jefferson Radiology
HOSTING delivers secure, compliant, highly available cloud solutions that empower companies to increase their revenues, reduce their expenses and manage their risk. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, HOSTING owns and operates six geographically-dispersed data centers under an ITIL-based control environment validated for compliance against HIPAA, PCI DSS and SOC (formerly SAS 70) frameworks. Its superior infrastructure, expert cloud architects and industry-leading customer satisfaction scores have been consistently recognized by Gartner in the Managed Hosting Magic Quadrant.
Features & Benefits:
- HIPAA compliance assessments and engagements are led by our in-house, dedicated Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
- The HOSTING team of certified information security and compliance experts have completed more than 400 customer security assessments at a 100% pass rate.
- HOSTING offers 100% Audit Assurance for our HOSTING Assured Tier Compliance Services.
- HOSTING is one of the few compliant cloud hosting providers that readily signs a Business Associate Agreement with healthcare covered entities (CEs) and necessary subcontractors.
- HOSTING has completed the HIPAA Privacy and Security Attestation through an audit performed by an independent consulting firm. The examination concluded that HOSTING meets or exceeds HIPAA requirements.
- HOSTING maintains a multi-level approach to compliance and cloud security, addressing both HIPAA/HITECH and PCI DSS regulations.
- Organizations benefit from the insight and guidance of HOSTING’s CISO, a recognized thought leader in information security and compliance for HIPAA/HITECH and PCI DSS.
- Utilizing our proprietary HIPAA Compliance Assessment, the HOSTING compliance team delivers a custom compliance plan that aligns with organizations’ business goals.
- HOSTING monitoring systems enable organizations to compile a comprehensive “book of evidence” for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, and monthly assessments.
- 24 x 7 x 365 expert support
How It Works:
Our proprietary approach includes:
- Gap Analysis: The analysis of your current administrative, technical and security safeguards to those required by HIPAA security rules.
- Policies & Procedures: The comparison of your internal policies and procedures to actual security and privacy controls in your current hosting environment.
- Identify & Report: The assessment of security and privacy gaps that could lead to the vulnerability of PHI and network operations.
- Business Goals: The alignment of our findings and an organization’s business goals, culture and IT resources to ensure that we build a cloud solution that will advance business, support future growth, and assure HIPAA compliance.
- Roadmap to the HIPAA Compliant Cloud: The delivery of a customized plan that optimizes current infrastructure to vastly improve your network security while achieving HIPAA compliance.
Download the Healthcare Cloud Datasheet (PDF).