HIPAA Compliant Hosting
A lack of manpower and a dearth of resources are often major obstacles for organizations striving to achieve and maintain HIPAA compliance. Protecting health data according to HIPAA standards is also notoriously difficult. While some companies turn to certified information security professionals for guidance, many choose to ignore HIPAA requirements, citing cost and complexity. In order to help organizations effectively manage their compliance-related activities, HOSTING offers HOSTING Security and Compliance Services. Developed and tested by our team of ITILcertified security and compliance experts, these services empower companies to take a measurable, proactive stance in addressing HIPAA and PCI regulations.
Risk Analysis And Gap Mitigation
A key component is the HOSTING Compliance Risk Assessment for HIPAA Compliance™. The assessment is conducted per the HIPAA Security Rule 45 CFR 164.308(a)(1) and 45 CFR 164.308(a)(8), and meets HIPAA/ HITECH compliance requirements for eligible healthcare providers also known as covered entities (CEs). Our proven, methodical approach removes any compliance risk associated with managing personal health information (PHI) in the cloud for HIPAA CEs.
Tracking progress on activities required for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, and monthly assessments can stretch organizations’ resources, leading to unintended data breaches and subsequent fines. HOSTING’s proprietary HIPAA compliance dashboard consistently monitors GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance). Every regulatory obligation under HIPAA/HITECH and HHS OCR Audit Protocol controls is outlined. The dashboard is a simple, secure and cost-effective means for organizations implement, monitor and manage compliance activities across multiple departments.
HOSTING Security and Compliances Services for Healthcare allows organizations to move away from documentation and manual processes to create an electronic audit trail. Automated alerts enable them to proactively address any incidents that could put their compliance standing at risk.
Industry-leading Healthcare Compliance And Security Expertise
The HOSTING security and compliance teams are fluent in the complexities of HIPAA/HITECH regulations, ensuring our customers maintain a strong compliant posture.
Via monthly, one-on-one consultations, HOSTING provides clear insight into every compliance requirement including secure infrastructure, gap analysis, remediation audit, ongoing monitoring, and incident and response forensics. Our team of ITIL-certified consulting experts regularly review an organization’s environment to ensure proper actions are being taken to mitigate risk and secure critical applications, sensitive information and regulated data.
Security And Compliance Backed By Hosting 100% Audit Assurance
Leading healthcare delivery organizations rely on the HOSTING Healthcare Cloud™ to protect their EMRs, ePHI and electronic healthcare records (EHRs) while meeting specific needs for HIPAA OCR audits, as well as PCI DSS and SOX regulations. Our customers know that when they contract with HOSTING for compliant solutions, we provide 100% audit assurance. If an organization contracts for the HOSTING Assured Tier Compliance Services, and any compliance issues are discovered during a HIPAA or PCI audit, HOSTING will provide the additional investments necessary to achieve compliance.
Complete, Concise BAAs
HOSTING serves as a true partner to healthcare delivery organizations by proactively engaging in Business Associate Agreements (BAAs) with any of our covered entity (CE) customers. Complete and concise, HOSTING BAAs closely track the provisions published by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS).
Hosting Hipaa Compliant Cloud Hosting And Managed Services
HOSTING ensures that its data centers, employees, procedures, processes, and policies meet the HIPAA Administrative Safeguards (45 C.F.R. 164.308) and Physical Safeguards (45 C.F.R. 164.310) applicable to HIPAA Business Associates. Further, HOSTING HIPAA Compliant Cloud Hosting and Managed Services help HOSTING customers address the HIPAA Technical Safeguards (45 C.F.R. 164.312).
HOSTING delivers secure, compliant, always-on cloud solutions that empower companies to increase revenue, reduce expense and manage risk. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, HOSTING owns and operates six geographicallydispersed data centers under an ITIL-based control environment validated for compliance against HIPAA, PCI DSS and SOC (formerly SAS 70) frameworks. Its superior infrastructure, expert cloud architects and industry-leading customer satisfaction scores have been consistently recognized by Gartner in the Managed Hosting Magic Quadrant.
HIPAA Compliant Cloud Hosting
HIPAA compliant hosting solutions backed by 100% Audit Assurance
Despite headline-grabbing breaches experienced by leading healthcare providers and insurers, HIPAA covers very little in terms of security. Scan through the regulations, and you won’t find information as basic as firewalls or antivirus software listed. Since there is not a prescription for achieving HIPAA compliance, many providers have resorted to selling what they consider to be “HIPAA Compliance in a Box.” They bundle their various security services and claim that it achieves all of the HIPAA compliant hosting requirements.
Why trust a pre-packaged solution, when you can rely on real HIPAA compliance expertise from HOSTING?
HIPAA isn’t about checking a series of boxes. It’s about measuring and managing risk through continuous assessment, evaluation, response, and reporting of threats to protected health information (PHI) – including the threat of downtime and/or data loss. That’s why leading healthcare organizations rely on the rigorous compliance management services that HOSTING provides through our HIPAA Compliance as a Service.
HOSTING has the strongest security and credential credentials in the industry. We have always been dedicated to building and managing highly available solutions backed by multi-site disaster recovery and continual testing – services that most healthcare-focused providers are missing.
- HOSTING Compliance Risk Assessment
The HOSTING Compliance Risk Assessment for HIPAA Compliance is conducted per the HIPAA Security Rule 45 CFR 164.308(a) (1) and 45 CFR 164 308(a) (8). It meets HIPAA and HITECH compliance requirements for covered entities (CEs) and their business associates (BAs).
- HOSTING 100% Audit Assurance
Having completed more than 400 customer security assessments at a 100% pass rate, HOSTING is one of the few cloud service providers to offer 100% Audit Assurance. HOSTING guarantees that certain compliance services provided to our customers will be able to pass assessments for several industry standard security frameworks and regulatory obligations for their hosted environments. In the event that those services become an impediment to compliance, HOSTING will fix the gap at our own expense, or allow the customer out of its contract with no penalty and issue the customer a refund (up to one month’s service).
- Comprehensive Business Associate Agreements (BAAs)
At just three pages, the HOSTING BAA is concise and to the point, clearly outlining each party’s rights and obligations with regarding to safeguarding PHI. Healthcare customers get the legal protections for HIPAA compliance without the administrative hassles they might experience with another cloud hosting provider during BAA negotiations.
Features & Benefits:
- HIPAA compliance assessments and engagements are led by our in-house, dedicated Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
- The HOSTING team of certified information security and compliance experts have completed more than 400 customer security assessments at a 100% pass rate.
- HOSTING offers 100% Audit Assurance for our HOSTING Assured Tier Compliance Services.
- HOSTING is one of the few compliant cloud hosting providers that readily signs a Business Associate Agreement with healthcare covered entities (CEs) and necessary subcontractors.
- HOSTING has completed the HIPAA Privacy and Security Attestation through an audit performed by an independent consulting firm. The examination concluded that HOSTING meets or exceeds HIPAA requirements.
- HOSTING maintains a multi-level approach to compliance and cloud security, addressing both HIPAA/HITECH and PCI DSS regulations.
- Organizations benefit from the insight and guidance of HOSTING’s CISO, a recognized thought leader in information security and compliance for HIPAA/HITECH and PCI DSS.
- Utilizing our proprietary HIPAA Compliance Assessment, the HOSTING compliance team delivers a custom compliance plan that aligns with organizations’ business goals.
- HOSTING monitoring systems enable organizations to compile a comprehensive “book of evidence” for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, and monthly assessments.
- 24 x 7 x 365 expert support
How It Works:
Our proprietary approach includes:
- Gap Analysis: The analysis of your current administrative, technical and security safeguards to those required by HIPAA security rules.
- Policies & Procedures: The comparison of your internal policies and procedures to actual security and privacy controls in your current hosting environment.
- Identify & Report: The assessment of security and privacy gaps that could lead to the vulnerability of PHI and network operations.
- Business Goals: The alignment of our findings and an organization’s business goals, culture and IT resources to ensure that we build a cloud solution that will advance business, support future growth, and assure HIPAA compliance.
- Roadmap to the HIPAA Compliant Cloud: The delivery of a customized plan that optimizes current infrastructure to vastly improve your network security while achieving HIPAA compliance.
Download the HIPAA Compliant Hosting Datasheet (PDF).